Who doesn’t love pizza? Doughy and cheesy, it’s the perfect comfort food. But while pizza is a delicious indulgence, it’s not often considered the healthiest of meals. That’s why we’re here to show you that you can make pizza healthy and still delicious! With these unique toppings, you’ll never miss all the greasy pepperoni and sausage ever again. So get your ovens preheating and get ready to top your pizzas with some tasty, yet healthier alternatives. Read on to discover these delicious (and nutritious!) pizza topping ideas that are sure to have you forgetting about all the unhealthy options.
Introducing the world’s healthiest pizza toppings
We all know that pizza is delicious. But did you know that it can also be healthy? That’s right! These pizza toppings are so delicious you’ll forget they’re healthy.
From veggies to fruit, there are endless topping possibilities that are not only good for you, but will leave your taste buds wanting more. So, next time you’re in the mood for pizza, try one of these healthier alternatives:
1. Veggies: From mushrooms and onions to peppers and broccoli, adding veggies to your pizza is a great way to get some extra nutrients. Not to mention, they add a great flavor and can help fill you up.
2. Fruit: Yes, fruit on pizza may sound strange, but it’s actually really good! Try adding some sliced apples or pears for a sweet and unique twist.
3. Lean protein: Chicken or turkey sausage, Canadian bacon, and even shrimp are all great lean protein options for your pizza. They’ll add some extra flavor and help keep you full.
4. Cheese: Cheese is naturally low in fat and calories, so it’s a great option if you’re looking to make your pizza healthier. Just be sure to choose a lower-fat variety such as mozzarella or feta.
5. Sauce: Look for a tomato-based sauce that is low in sugar and sodium for a healthier option. You can also make your own sauce at home with fresh tomatoes, garlic,